Data Science Projects
I take freelancer jobs for data science projects as a consultant or as a part of your team helping you at different steps of your data processing pipeline:
- Assessment of what your data can do for the specific questions of your organisation
- Cleaning and preprocessing
- Statistical exploration
- Testing of machine learning models
- Efficient communication by optimising data visualisation and storytelling
My main area of expertise is the biomedical sciences, where I have been working with image data for over 10 years. Recently I’ve also worked with clients in the areas of healthcare, agriculture and finance.
As a scientist working with scientists I know what it comes to when dealing with data for your projects and when preparing your data stories for publication. I can help you with:
- Image analysis: filtering, segmentation, object extraction
- Data analysis: exploration, statistics, modelling
- Figure preparation and optimisation for papers/posters/proposals
- Storytelling aid for papers/posters/proposals
Comics for Storytelling
Apart from my work in science and data science, I’m very keen on exploring different storytelling media. I create Comics on comission to explain (scientific) stories, capturing the essence of complex ideas to reach a broad audience. Here you can take a look at some recent examples.